Government and Institutional Advisory Roles & Projects
Nelson works with government and institutions on the effective promotion of innovation and commercialisation, the establishment of local investment communities, the establishment of Angel Networks, the design of appropriate tax incentives and co-investment funds and the promotion of an entrepreneurial culture within regions/countries.
This includes setting up or assessing:
- new or existing government led investment funds and loan programmes;
- local ‘incubators’ for coaching entrepreneurs and executive teams;
- investment communities and networks;
- creating the best economic conditions to focus on capital efficient investment and wealth creation.
He has provided the benefit of his knowledge and experience to governments and institutions across the globe– in the Middle East, Europe, the Americas and Asia. If you would like to talk to Nelson about engaging his expertise in any of these areas please do get in touch by completing your details on the contact page.
Example Case Studies
- GIZ (German Government Corporation): Development of Angel Networks in Egypt.
- Invest Northern Ireland: Assessment of Northern Ireland Angel Co-Investment fund and options for future development.
- World Bank/infoDev: development of Business Angel finance in the Caribbean;
- Welsh government: development of Angel activity in Wales;
- Ministry of Employment and the Economy, Finland: tax incentives for investors.
- Enterprise Ireland; creation of Angel Groups;
- New Zealand Trade and Enterprise: performance assessment of the New Zealand Seed Co- Investment Fund;
- North West Development Agency: final evaluation of the Small Loans for Business Programme.