Investment Fund Development and Management
Nelson developed his career as a Chartered Accountant before broadening his business interests and running companies of his own. He fully understands the criticality of having both the right funding available and the best management team in order to drive the creation of entrepreneurial wealth.
As a fully qualified UK Financial Services Authority fund manager and adviser (registration number NXG01075), he is well placed to advise on the planning, creation and day-to-day management of successful funds. If you would like to talk to Nelson about engaging his expertise in these areas please do get in touch by completing your details on the contact page.
Example Case Studies
Nelson has provided advice on the establishment and structuring of innovative investment funds in both the UK and overseas. Projects include:
- Design of a Glasgow based property investment fund;
- Design of an Aberdeen based oil & gas investment fund;
- World Bank, Info Dev Finance, advice on development of $70m Early Stage Innovation Financing Facility for Middle East & North Africa, and an Angel co-fund for West Indies;
- Adviser to the British Governments $160 million Angel Co-investment fund;
- Non-executive director for the Genomia Seedcorn Investment Fund which targets the research outputs of the animal and life sciences sector;
- Acting as fund manager for Scotland’s leading Business Angel group;
- Former locum Fund Manager for Clyde Blowers Capital IM LLP, a £250 million venture fund focused on industrial engineering projects;
- West of Scotland Loan Fund; options for design, structuring and funding of a new pan Scottish £10,000 to £100,000 loan fund;
- Finance Wales, options for design, structuring and operation of a new mezzanine loan fund (£2 million to £10 million);
- North East Access To Finance, recommendations for the design of a replacement for the existing £120m JEREMIE fund, specifically looking at alternative and innovative fund structures from around the world and alternatives and best practice in relation to fund manager remuneration and incentivisation.